Sunday, September 17, 2006

Nacho Libre

Last night I went to the cinema with Paul. Paul had won gold class tickets at work a couple of weeks ago and we hadn't found a opportunity to go to see a movie until yesterday. I got to pick a movie and choose the most promising one, Nacho Libre. (I refuse to go see Snakes on a plane, just because of the most idiotic and least original title ever. Some friends at RMIT though were positively surprised about the story and plot of the movie.) But Nacho Libre turned out to be a very good choice. In the beginning you don't know quite what to expect and you're fearing it is going to be some boring movie, but it turned out to be a very entertaining story. I enjoyed the movie very much, but I'm not likely to ever spent 32 dollars on gold class, it's definitely not worth it. A possible dinner is not included and my 18 dollar expensive main tasted like nothing. I've had better dinners for just 10 dollars.


On the way back to Southern Cross train station we passed the five pillars along the Yarra river. Every hour several meters high flames shoot out of these pillars, releasing an enormous amount of heat and light. Paul already had told me about the pillars, but I hadn't seen them until now. It is magnificent to see how the fire crawls up on the turbulent gas cloud that sprouts from the top of the pillar. In just a few seconds every vortex along the path of the fire lights up and then dowses again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home