Tuesday, July 11, 2006

The student room

Because Peter, my supervisor, is on a conference in Singapore for the week, I don’t have much to do this first week. I have already finished reading the article and paper that was recommended by Peter.

I’m going to try to give you an impression about the hard work that is done here. In total 7 students are seated here (including myself), of which 2 are PhD students.

Tasha, honor student, is to Tasmania for the week for a performance of the child choir that she’s part of. Normally she is sitting everywhere throughout the room, except at her own desk. Then there is Jarrad, aka Radar, who is very busy now tinkering a Mario question mark box. Matt, who seems to be hard working sometimes, but is easily distracted and has just joined Martin at the pc in his quest to protect his castle from pursuers: “These kamikaze guys are great!”

One of the PhD students is Michael, who is also a vegetarian (how coincidental is that) is busy installing Matlab when he feels the call of nature: “Jarrad, I need to urinate, can you go for me?” The other PhD student is Andrew, who has joined Peter to the conference.

As you can see we are all very hardworking here, so I better go have a look if there is some more coffee.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

He Mich!

Als je je adres op je site had gezet, had je een leuk kaartje van ons gehad hier uit Kroatie... Nu krijg je alleen heel veel digitale groeten uit een prachtig land! Dikke knuffel!

Papa Pier en mama Marjolein

2:26 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home