Sunday, September 10, 2006

3 weeks and counting

With only three more weeks to go it is time to start finishing things. I started writing my report almost at the first week of my project as I couldn’t start experimenting then. So at least the introduction, background and experimental setup chapters are almost finished now.

The results and conclusions chapters are a different story though. Ironically I haven’t been able to do any experiments apart from one day of experimenting. The results from those experiments are unfortunately not particularly interesting. As it turned out I closed the holes partially with glue when I mounted the cantilever. I’m now hoping to get it clean with some chemicals before this Wednesday. Chengi, a Chinese scientist at Melbourne University, is helping me now with my research and he has arranged beam time on Wednesday and Thursday. If everything goes according to plan (which is very unlikely) I’ll have some more results by the end of this week.

Two weeks ago I started on planning the cycle journey that Inge and I are starting in about four weeks. That means that from now on I also will be posting on http://going-down-under.blogspot.com. For the moment you’ll find there a first version of our travel schedule.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home